They weren't kidding when they said that Monsoon Season was WET! We have officially been here a month and it is progressively getting wetter ;) Monsoon started late this year and so we were able to enjoy about two weeks of nice weather before the rains started. Now, when I say rains, I mean a Hard, Heavy, Downpour that lasts for Hours and turns the streets into Rivers! Hudson is really enjoying the rains because he loves getting to use his "hand-brella" daily and jumping in all the Huge puddles that are left behind when the rains take a quick break ;)
The rain also gives us Plenty of time to study! The temptation to play outside and enjoy the beautiful scenery is gone when all the hiking trails are sopping wet and the steep, downhill walk to the markets are dangerously slippery ;) So I am pleased to say that we are doing Really well in our language acquisition :) We are beginning to have more meaningful conversations (aside from "hello, my name is..
.I would like to buy ...") We are also doing fairly well in the "Reading and Writing department" :) The "squiggles, lines, dots and dashes" are actually looking like words and phrases :)
Requests
1. Ask that we would continue to do well in our Studies.
2. Ask that we would have a continued urgency to share the Good News!

No comments:
Post a Comment